15-02-2024 om 13:00
15-02-2024 om 17:00
Maximaal aantal aanmeldingen bereikt, je kunt je niet meer aanmelden.
Online or at the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Join the Delegation of the European Union to Canada for the European Union Business Seminar on Green Hydrogen, where they'll explore the potential of this eco-friendly energy.
About this event
This hybrid event explores the potential of Canada, including the Atlantic Provinces in becoming a global leader in green hydrogen production and exports by 2050. Canada boasts one of the world’s lowest production costs for electrolysis, a method crucial for green hydrogen production. With the European Union aiming to import 10 millions metric tons of green hydrogen by 2030, and considering the strong trading ties between Canada and the EU, the Atlantic provinces could emerge as an ideal hub for green hydrogen exports to Europe.
Learn about exciting new developments, partnerships, and export opportunities during this hybrid seminar, where industry leaders, experts, and regulators from Canada and Europe will convene to share insights and foster collaboration. Topics of discussion will include:
- EU green hydrogen regulations for exporters, from definitions to quotas and penalties
- Canada’s 2020 National Hydrogen Strategy and its 2024 progress report
- Nova Scotia’s Green Hydrogen Action Plan
- Industry pain points: investment, infrastructure, closing the green premium
Visit the event page for the full program.
- Dr. Mita Dasog, Co-Lead, Green Hydrogen Research Cluster, Dalhousie University
- Mr. Ruud Kempener, Team Leader, DG Energy, European Commission
- Mr. Amandeep Garcha, Deputy Director, Fuels Sector, Natural Resources Canada
- Ms. Shawna Eason, Manager, Business Investment & Export Development, Department of Natural Resources and Renewables, Government of Nova Scotia
- Canadian Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association
- Moderator: Scott Skinner, President & CEO, Clean Foundation
- This seminar takes place on February 15, 2024, from 13:00 to 17:00 (Dutch time).
- The event is hosted in Canada, but it is also possible to join the seminar online.
- Admission to this seminar is free of charge.
Visit the event page for additional information and to secure your spot for the event:
European Union Business Seminar on Green Hydrogen